With over 900 million active users on Facebook spending more than 700 billion hours a month on the site, any small or large company looking for a ready made market to promote their business cannot ignore Facebook. If that statement hasn't convinced you, then here are some more stats that should make you sit up and take notice of the world's biggest social network.
Call the Content Controller if you need help to manage your Facebook page.
Why should I set up a Facebook page?
- 901 million monthly active users at the end of March 2012.
- Approximately 80% of the monthly active users are outside the U.S. and Canada.
- 526 million daily active users on average in March 2012.
- 488 million monthly active users who used Facebook mobile products in March 2012, and more than 500 million mobile monthly active users as of April 20, 2012.
- During March 2012, on average 398 million users were active with Facebook on at least six out of the last seven days.
- More than 125 billion friend connections on Facebook at the end of March 2012.
- On average more than 300 million photos uploaded to Facebook per day in the three months ended March 31, 2012.
- An average of 3.2 billion Likes and Comments generated by Facebook users per day during the first quarter of 2012.
- More than 42 million Pages with ten or more Likes at the end of March 2012.
- Facebook is available in more than 70 languages.
Source: Facebook Newsroom